My new year didn't start off very well because I was sick. Starting new year's eve, I had body aches, chills, and sore throat. I felt like a train wreck. Usually I'm able to continue with my day, but this time was different. I had to lie in bed and I didn't want to get up. I was like this for 2 days. Yet my new year's resolution is to look forward to something everyday which is hard to do when you're sick. So on January 1, I resolved to look forward to being well again and be able to go grocery shopping on January 2nd. It's an easy goal to reach. I think the goal isn't the point of my new year's resolution. My point is the goal is attainable and it is something that will make me happy. Essentially the resolution is create a method to reach happiness each day. When I think that event in the future, it brightens up whatever day I'm having.
I sincerely think this is a great way to achieve positive feelings inside of you and happiness all around. When we were kids, we looked forward to playing with our friends in the playground, going to school to see our friends, classroom parties, special family events, birthday parties, and vacations. Even the possibility of getting a great sticker while trading stickers with friends was something happy to think about. I see my kids now and they have this same simplistic thought process. My younger daughter looks forward to her weekly dance class. My older son looks forward to the weekend because he doesn't have homework. To me it seems this method of thinking is key to an overall everyday happiness.
Although adult burdens will not disappear using this method, I hope I will still experience a slice of that innocent happiness by using this method on a daily basis. Today I get to go to Safeway and Costco! Yay!
1 comment:
Hope you are feeling better! I know for sure I must learn how to think positively! Sometimes I worry and stress over things that haven't even happen yet...and then I feel 'down' over the silliest things! I hate myself for doing that.
Post a Comment