Yesterday I had one item to return at Gymboree. With my receipt in hand, my sole intention was to get a merchandise credit and leave. I failed miserably.
I went after christmas and there were tons of sale items. I bought items for my little girl that she needed but didn't get for Christmas. Yet somehow after picking up two long sleeved shirts. I browsed some more and found another irresistible cat sweater, one size too big but she'd grow into it. After a few more minutes, I got another cute panda sweater.
I quickly went over to purchase all my items to restrain myself from buying more. I returned my item and ended up buying 3 times more of what I originally purchased. Ironically I also have these Gymbucks which I need to use in January. So when I left, the cashier said, "Happy New Year! And we'll see you in January!"
So the way Gymbucks work is you get $25 off of a $50 purchase. Essentially you get 50% off if you buy $50 worth of merchandise during a certain time frame. Its a good gimmick which other retailers such as the Gap have followed. It's just very interesting how I thought I was done with Christmas shopping and I won't really be if I cave into the retailers marketing strategies. I want to be minimalist and only buy what I need. I don't want to accumulate unused goods. However generally I'm weak when it comes to shopping for kids clothes especially girls clothes because they are just SO cute. In response to the cashier I said, "Yah. See you in January!"
No comments:
Post a Comment