Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Biggest Obstacle of Decluttering: Stuffed Animals

Good news! I just got rehired back at my old gig for the next 9 weeks. Bad news is I had 1 week to prepare! Anyhow...I'm excited to be working again.

Prepping for this course, made decluttering less important. I knew the hardest part of my decluttering project would be getting rid of my stuffed animals. They were part of my childhood and other various stages of life. Aside from music CDs (which I can't part with), stuffed animals are the only item I actually collected. Each animal has a story and this is why I have a difficult time letting go.

The problem with a stuffed animal collection is they take up a lot of space. This is especially true when you have 2 kids who receive their own stuffed animals for gifts. I've been really good about packing up my stuffed animals in a big bag, but I waited 40 days to donate them. The new ones are being donated to Project Night Night and the like new ones I'm not quite sure yet. I'm thinking I may assemble the Adopt a Night Night tote bags since I also have new baby blankets too.  It's nice to know a child will be comforted and my stuffed animals will be loved. Reminds me of Toy Story!




No comments: