Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 6: Neighbor's Scarves & Plates

I visited my neighbor and told her about my 40 day challenge. Upon that she asked, what should I do about these scarves. We then went through all the scarves, kept a few, and threw the rest into a bag. She also gave me some ceramic plates, which I took a few and donated what I didn't want. I went through my own plates, and donated a large dinner plate. The scarves and plates went along with my husband to the Goodwill Store drop off. Although I didn't get rid of much from my home today, I''m happy to help someone else sort through their belongings. While I was decluttering for my neighbor, I was commenting how it is easier to get rid of things you're not connected to with a memory or a face. Once you touch the item, all the memories return. So here's my offer to my friends: If you're ever needing a non-judgmental person to get those extra items out of the house. I can do that! It's really fast and painless when a friend gets rid of stuff for you! Trust me you won't miss it!

No comments: