Today I'm focusing on books and textbooks. I have many many textbooks lying around. Some of which are long overdue for return to my teacher's resource center. Others I've received from publishers but have never used. I'll probably give those to the resource center as well.
Books....well aside from cookbooks I'm embarrassed to say I don't have too many. In a way it prevents clutter by not purchasing books in the first place. For the past few years, I've been using the public library. Everything I want to read, I put it on hold, then pick it up. If it's a good read, I'll renew it. If I never picked it up, then I return it.
Kids books, on the other hand, is where the fun is. The kids get books for gifts. school prizes, hand-me-downs which pretty much builds up their large library. I've let them have a shelf on the bookshelf, but now that neat shelf is just a pile of books.
So....after weeding through their collection, I'll bring the good books to the Friends of the Library via my local library and the other ones I'll bring to the SF Child Abuse Prevention Center for a second life.
No comments:
Post a Comment