17 years have passed quickly. High school graduation. UCD. CUHK. SFSU. My first real job. Marriage. Baby. Good and bad times have come and gone. My cat, Bebe has been here throughout every event. She has been part of our family since birth. I have many pictures of her, but my memories of her are happy & clear.
My fondest memory is of her trying to catch the lone housefly intruding into our house. When she was young, she would scamper around the house making a chattering sound following the renegade fly until it stopped on the wall. She'd wait patiently until it took off again then she'd pounce and catch the fly mid-air! Unbelievable, but very true. Perhaps she gained this ability because she also played "Monkey in the Middle" with us. Bebe could catch a paper ball mid-air too!
Bebe passed away on March 2, 2010 at about 1:30 in the afternoon while she napped on the sofa with my mom petting her. I miss you and I hope you are playing happily in heaven.
2 comments:
Sounds like she was a great pet and wonderful companion. So sorry for your loss. I am sure she is chasing flies happily in kitty heaven. =)
Sorry for your loss - hope you find comfort in knowing that Bebe passed away peacefully in her nap and probably dreaming of catching those flies in mid-air.
Post a Comment