Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goodbye Wah Mei Preschool, Hello Park & Rec

I withdrew Baby J from Wah Mei Preschool on December 18, 2009.

Since then I've been spending a lot of time with him; going to storytimes at the library and visiting the parks. He seems a lot more secure and happy than when he was going to preschool.

We just started going to Park & Rec classes 2 days a week for 2 hours. He goes to an art class for 1 hour and sports class for 1 hour. The Recreation Directors are very nice and attentive to make sure every child feels secure with each activity. He's enjoying the gym and actually asks to go "exercise". I actually enjoy talking to parents at the Rec Center. They are laid back and easy to talk to. This is something I never experienced in my 3 months at preschool.

He'll also be going to Child Observation classes run by City College. That will be for another 2 days a week.

In the meantime, I'm on the wait list for 2 other preschools.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

So glad he seems more comfy and happy with rec classes..plus you get you spend more time with him, and get to chat with other moms! I have met so many wonderful moms through classes for the kids. Good luck on the waitlists!