Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bummed!


I've been waiting to see this concert since I was 15 years old! During high school, my friend MD introduced me to Chris Wong 黃凱芹. He was a Hong Kong singer who was pretty cute and had good songs. I had a crush on him and wanted to go to HK to meet him along with a bunch of other stars. So much for that dream!

Anyhow, despite living in HK, visiting HK, and staying in HK for many times, I've never had the opportunity to see him in concert. I have almost all of his CDs. He is one of the few HK singers that KL & I both appreciate. He was finally coming to SF on January 23, 2010 for one night. However even from the start, there were many factors which did not look favorable for this concert.

1. The concert wasn't promoted well. It had one poster which I passed by chance at the very end of Clement Street in mid-December. That part of Clement Street isn't in the main drag so there's no foot traffic.

2. There were no ticket outlets anywhere in SF. The poster had a 1-800 number to call for more information and a website.

3. When you went to the website, it directed you to call the 1-800 number for quite a few weeks.

4. Finally when they got their act together, they had discounted tickets 30% off the regular price on their website. This type of price reduction is rare.

I thought I was getting a great deal 30% off tickets. I was all ready to go. Started listening to old CDs and new CDs. Got Baby J listening in the car. And then today I got an email saying the concert is canceled. I'm so bummed. A few days ago I even had a weird dream where KL drove a car with a bunch
of roast duck to the concert. Oh well, no concert and no roast duck too.

No comments: