
No this isn't a anniversary cake for me! I went to Schuberts Bakery to order a wedding cake for my cousin. He's having a small dinner and just in for the weekend to celebrate with family. So we're getting a small cake for him and his wife. When I got married there were 2 details that were the most important to me, my invitations and my cake. I didn't have a final say about the invitations since they were printed in HK, but I was an absolute dictator when it came to my cake. This time, I didn't have much time to do much research about what decorations I wanted on the cake. Due to time and toddler constraints, I picked decorations from their stock photo book and chose flavors I like from their bakery. The decorations should look like this picture except no fondant, no veil, and no large flowers. Actually I should have gone in for the full cake tasting, but I didn't think of this prior to going. Darn, the things you think of after it's over!!
Anyhow the staff was pretty accommodating considering I need the cake in 2 weeks. It's going to be a 2 tiered chocolate truffle cake. One tier has vanilla custard filling and the other tier has rum custard filling. Both will be covered and decorated with buttercream frosting. Sounds good huh! I'll be sure to take pictures of the cake on that day. Since I didn't want fondant , the total cake ( 10" +6") cost was reduced from $185 to only $75.00!! What a bargain! If I knew this, I might have gone Schuberts for my own wedding cake...... but I loved my own wedding cake bakery which is no longer here. Anyhow this price was only offered when I told them I don't want fondant frosting on the cake. I wonder if they'd get even more business if people knew this.
I ended up buying a 1/2 pound of their yummy cookies to share with everyone. I really like their jam filled cookies. I might try to replicate these for Christmas.
1 comment:
I heart Schuberts! That's where our wedding cake was from! Yum!
Post a Comment