Halloween was a bit extended this year. Last Sunday we went down to Pier 39 for their Pumpkin Pandemonium featuring a performance by the Wicked cast. We missed the performance, but heard a lot of talented amateur singers during their singing contest. They also had some booths, a pumpkin patch and trick or treating at the Pier 39 store. It was unusually sunny and hot for Fisherman's Wharf and Baby J didn't want to wear his fuzzy costume so we just went to the patch and looked at all the costumes at the Pier.
On Friday, J had his preschool parade on Irving Street. Even with all of my good intentions and pre-planning, I was late due to my class....UGH. Luckily I caught up with them on Irving and got his costume on for the 2nd half of the Halloween Parade. The Wells Fargo Banking Staff on Irving went beyond their job descriptions and helped me put on J's costume. Thanks Wells Fargo! He was a bit happier after he had his full attire on.
On Halloween Day, we headed over to the Randall Museum's Halloween Fair. The museum had lots of kiddie carnival games, music, and pumpkin carving. J was more interested in the Model Railroad Exhibit that is active on Saturday mornings. We also got to see a show with the Bubble Lady. I didn't know that you could do so many things with bubbles in 45 minutes. Of course the kids loved the bubbles.
Finally, my mom took J trick or treating around our neighborhood. I had to pick up my dad from the airport, so my mom volunteered to take J. He had fun and somehow picked plain M&Ms from every house he went to. Now we have a bunch of M&Ms and not much else. Maybe I should teach him other candies that I like. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment