Thursday, March 10, 2005
It's always easier to improve upon your mistakes. I guess that's why there's that saying "practice makes perfect". In my situation, I can't improve upon this mistake because it was a one time deal. This is where the saying "Life stinks" comes in. During my wedding, I hired a professional based solely on a friend's recommendation. I saw his work. It was good. But the funny thing was that when I dealt with him in person, I already had some reservations about him. My friend highly recommended his work and told me not to worry. I even got a second opinion. And that person thought he was a good professional as well. Yet somehow in the back of my mind, I knew we didn't "click" personally. I wasn't completely comfortable with him. I should be more assertive and not so indecisive. I need to learn to trust my instincts. Now the only thing I can do is deal with the end product. I'm not too excited about the product......this is what's most disappointing to me. In hindsight, I made the mistake. I have to deal with the result. I can't improve upon this mistake. But I did learn something important from this dilemma. I realize that in order to be satisfied & happy, you need make decisions based on your own gut feeling. I just wish I listened to mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment