Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Seems like I did a lot this past week. I finished going to all these administrative meetings at the end of last week and started my memorial day weekend. I completely forgot what I did on Saturday....must not have been that eventful. Haha. However on Sunday I went back to church after a long hiatus. It's weird how I can just go back and nothing has changed. I still feel calm and at peace after service. I just wish I had the diligence to wake up on time every Sunday so I can get there on time! I guess that's the main reason I don't go. My laziness prevents me from getting an early start on a Sunday morning. Anyhow I had a nice time there, saw many people that I haven't talked to in a while. Later, I went BBQing with some friends at GG Park. Just hung out and ate and ate and ate.

On Monday, I met with my old lost friend from Taipei. We met when we were 19 and worked at the tutorial program until I left for HK. I forgot why we lost touch for a few years. It was nice to revisit the past and talk about everything. Time seems to fly when you're talking with old friends (sometimes it's about absolutely nothing special). We spent 2 hours in the restaurant just eating lunch and talking. Luckily the restaurant wasn't busy! It's nice to know that some things/people don't change! Maybe we'll get to hang out again in Taipei.

Now today was crazy! I must admit it was my fault. I was running late. I needed to be at 2 places at 1 time. So first I leave my house late. Then by the time I get to VanNess, I had 15 minutes before 1 P.M. What's so important about 1 P.M.? Well I had to turn in my textbook reviews to the head office on Gough St. But I also had to be at the beloved City Courthouse on McAllister at 1 P.M. . I could have left earlier. That wouldn't be a story though. So instead I leave my house at 12:15, I get to Gough/McAllister at 12:40. I then decide I have time to run to Market/Gough, turn in my paperwork, go to the resource center, pick some materials for fall semester, and get back to the Courthouse by 1 PM. Needless to say, I was a mess when I got to the office. I didn't get out of the resource center until 1 PM. I ran to catch the F Car then subsequently ran to catch the 47. Got off the bus. Ran to the courthouse.....only to find out that there was a security check line waiting outside just to enter the courthouse! After I waited in the security check line, I then waited another 30 minutes in the juror check-in line. When I reached the clerk, he magically said, "We don't need you today. Your duty has been served for 1 year." Nice way to end a crazy day!

No comments: