Monday, April 30, 2012

Organic Whole Milk

We just switched Baby JL to whole organic milk. I try to eat healthy foods but am no means a health nut. However after talking to her pediatrician, I felt guilted into going organic for her milk. I didn't do this for her older brother. At 5 years old, he doesn't seem any different being a Berkeley Farms baby.  Does this change make me seem more biased towards my younger baby? This was one of many questions which ran in my head while I purchased her first gallon of whole organic milk.

Organic milk is twice as expensive as regular whole milk. This morning I bought a gallon at Whole Foods and it was $5.99. Trader Joes was about $6.29 and Safeway was somewhere along the same lines. Regular Berkeley Farms milk is $3.29 a gallon at Walgreens. Both types claim no added hormones. Organic comes from a organic fed cow and the regular is fed non-organic feed.

1 comment:

JMT said...

I like the organic milk. if you buy the 1/2 gallon, it has a longer expiration date too.