Saturday, February 11, 2012

Massive Updates on Baby JL

Random updates about Baby JL : I probably should have started updating this earlier so I don't have so many gaps! I blame it on my short term memory!

At 10 months, Baby J has 4 teeth now. 1 more coming out on top. I'm working on weaning her from breastfeeding now. So she's getting about two to three 4 oz bottles of similac formula a day. I'm hoping to wean her completely by 12 months and transition to whole milk. She's also eating 3 meals a day and always eyeing everyone else's food too. Since I started feeding solids, I've been making my own baby food occasionally. I mostly puree vegetables, but I recently boiled a chicken thigh added to organic green peas. I didn't add any seasoning and it tasted surprisingly good. So it makes me wonder why other baby food tastes bland! Any food is good to JL she's not picky so far.

She loves songs and is finally taking to a regular schedule. 1 nap around 930 am 1 nap around 1:30 pm. To get her on this routine took a long time! I read this book that emphasized "babies have a 90 minute awake time" after that 90 minutes is up, put them to sleep. The concept works especially well when they are young. Now she has more awake time so it's not 90 minutes isn't too clear -cut. I actually forgot what the book said about older babies sleep schedule. Maybe I should look at that book again. Anyhow, life is smooth for me as long as I stick to her current nap schedule.

At 9 months, J started scooting forward and sometimes backwards. 2 upper teeth coming out.

At 8 months, I started toilet training J. She's been pretty good about doing her big business in the toilet for the past 2 months--usually before her morning nap. Once in a while she'll pee there too. We're no where near diaper free, but at least it's less mess to clean up. Lower teeth coming out.

At 7 months, J started eating solids. Baby cereal mixed with bananas, applesauce.

At 6 months, J sat up.

At 5 months, J flipped over.

No comments: