So Baby J finally started kindergarten this fall. This has been a big change for him. He's been going to a play-based co-op preschool where anything goes! If you don' t like the activity in one room, you can move on to the next. The preschool was very free and absolutely structure-less, except for snack time & end of the day circle time. At first he hated the structure and the homework that comes along with school. I'm not sure if he likes it now, but he's becoming more used to it.
He started off at Sutro Elementary School which is in our neighborhood. It was a nice walk to and from school. I liked the small size classes and the principal. This school was our 2nd choice.
However we were waiting for Chinese Immersion School at Deavila. CIS was our first choice. This is a newer school on Waller and Central. After we got a slot, we decided to switch schools 3 weeks into the semester. I think it is working out well so far. J seems happier here too
1 comment:
yay! you're blogging again! Hope J is enjoying his new school!
Post a Comment