Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Cupcakes Finally!



I admit I'm far from Martha Stewart. It's been almost 2 years since my first blog about baking my own birthday cake! Now I finally can add birthday cupcakes to my short list of baking accomplishments.

Tomorrow is Baby J's birthday. For his preschool, I made Elmo cupcakes using Elmo cupcake rings. I took the ASUCD Coffee House recipe for "Fear of a Black Planet Cake" added 1/2 tsp of Almond Extract and substituted 2% milk for buttermilk. I also used the Coffee House recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting and added some decorative ice cream sprinkles.

For the evening, I'm bringing Baby J and his 2 cousins to Daly City Party Playhouse and then they'll have dinner and cake together. The cake is actually my cupcakes again in a different form. I managed to overfill the cupcakes and they connected together while baking. I was so happy to be able to write a birthday greeting in red frosting!! Not too bad for a first timer.

No comments: