This past Saturday Baby J & I went to the USF Koret Center for a Parent/Tot Swim Lesson. This was his first time in a big olympic sized pool. The pool reserved 2 lanes for the 30 minute lesson. Meanwhile the rest of the pool continued to be used by other swimmers. There was a lot of swimming going on while our lesson was in session. The pool had a swim meet atmosphere which was made the pool hum with activity.
Our lesson went relatively well. Baby J held on tight to me and I walked back and forth for the entire lesson. He didn't like the drain part of the pool, so I had to stay clear of that area. We had 2 songs and some ball games where you'd swim after the floating ball. Chasing the ball was the highlight of Baby J's lesson. Although J held on to me the entire time, the instructor said he was doing well considering it was his first pool experience. She was happy he got into the pool. By the time the lesson was over, he didn't want to leave. He even enjoyed the warm gym shower.
As for me, my left arm & shoulder are sore from his koala-style hold of me. From 30 minutes of walking in the pool, I realize that walking in water isn't too easy! I had the urge to dive in and start freestyling across the pool. But I hung in there and continued to do laps with my extra baggage in tow.
I really enjoyed my time in the pool with Baby J and learning how to juggle taking care of him in the pool and locker room. Someone should write a book about how to easily get yourself & your kid showered, changed and out of the locker room without looking like a mess! I'd definitely read that!
Sorry no pic here, I'm going to drag KL to take a swim pic next session.
2 comments:
Cool! my sister takes her kids to La Petite Baleen and both kids really enjoy their experience there!
Post a Comment