Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Beginning of the next 15 years....

This is the beginning of the next 15 years of Baby J's pre-collegiate life. How did I calculate 15 years? He's starting at 3 and finishing school at 18. What a way to think about education, huh!

On Monday August 3rd, KL and I dropped our little boy to Wah Mei Preschool at 8:30 AM. He didn't really know what was going on and went along with everything like a good student! He sat down at his breakfast table, ate a bagel & banana, and drank some milk. KL sneaked away first. Then later, I told Baby J, "I'm coming back later". He said "OK". I said "Bye" and walked out the door. The teacher told me to wave bye from the "Goodbye window" which I did, but instead of getting a goodbye wave I got ignored. Baby J had already re-focused his attention on his classmate's bagel! So much for a teary farewell to Mama...


Things remained normal on the second day of school. He did start observing other kids crying for their moms while I was sitting next to him. Nothing unusual happened until today, Day 3. Before Baby J left home, he said "NO 老師 " and "NO 學校" ( No teacher & no school) . While in the car, he was really quiet. When KL dropped him off, Baby J cried. He wanted to go home. I'm actually glad I wasn't there because my heart melts even for the other kids crying for their moms. Their red eyes and genuine sadness makes me want to go over and make it "ok" for those kids!

When I went to pick him up at noon, he was happy to see me and seemed like he didn't have any worries. Who knows what will happen tomorrow!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Awww... You're a big guy now, Baby J!