There are 3 babies on my block now: one next door, one downstairs, and one across the street. They all use disposable diapers. That's a lot of diapers in a week. With more an more companies having people prolong kids wearing their diaper products. Parents are getting lazier to potty train their kids. Diapers for 3-5 year old kids are now readily available. Now that's a lot of diapers!!
Anyhow I recently heard that it takes 200 years for one disposable diaper to decompose. Not only would I not be around, but neither would my kids and even my grandkids. So I did some research and found a timeline from the Ocean Conservancy about decomposition in the environment. Turns out it's not 200....but 450 years. That's a few generations down the line! It's easy not to think about garbage once it's in the trash can. This list makes you want to recycle everything possible!
http://www.windowsonourwaters.org/biotimeline.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment