Friday, July 23, 2004

2 weeks ago I saw 'The House of Flying Daggers" starring Andy Lau, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Zhang Ziyi. Despite my lack of respect for Zhang Ziyi,  I had to see Andy Lau & Takeshi in this film by Zhang Yimou. So I thought this film would be at a similar level as Zhang Yimou's previous film "Hero". Unfortunately....the plot wasn't up to my expectations. Andy Lau didn't have enough screen time. I didn't see any chemistry between Zhang Ziyi and Takeshi Kaneshiro. Instead of Zhang Ziyi, they should have cast Zhao Mei. I think overall she is a better actress and much prettier than Zhang Ziyi. However since Zhang Ziyi already has international recognition for Crouching Tiger, I think they decided to use her. Too bad.

I realized while I'm in HK, some of the places I eat at aren't in the local tour books. I tend to be on the run. Grabbing something quick and good is my way of eating usually when I'm shopping. HK Fast food places like Cafe De Coral http://www.cafedecoral.com give you a fast, cheap way to get food on the run. They have breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. Another good place is http://www.oceanempire.com.hk . They specialize in Porridge and Soy drinks. The local cha chan tengs are quite good as well.... but if you want a quality fast food place which is clean and patronized by the local working community.  Don't worry I'm not only eating at these places! I do get to eat at nice restaurants too!

No comments: