Monday, May 10, 2004

When life is going well, an event comes along to wake you up. Sometimes this event can be as ordinary as meeting a new friend or reaquainting yourself with an old friend. Sometimes it's an unexpected phone call. These small events usually pass by in a person's life without a second thought. Yet, occasionally it becomes a reevaluation tool about what you had before, what you have now, what you want in the future.

Two paths are presented to you. Which route do you choose? If you are familiar with the "Choose Your Own Adventure" book series from elementary school, then you know each decision at the end of a page leads to a unique outcome of the story as a whole. In order to change the end result, you need to make a series of decisions to make the right combination. The difference between the "right" ending and the "wrong" ending is completely up to the reader.

My life seems like one of these "Choose your own adventure" books lately. Of course I don't know what the ending is. Yet the problem is that I don't know what the right decision is either (In some ways I think I should really be a Gemini since I can't make a decision). Why is life complicated that way? Everything is running smoothly. Everyone is happy. Yet when an opportunity arises, you begin to question your overall happiness. I guess life wouldn't be too interesting if these situations never arose at all. No one would take a chance. Everyone would "play it safe". I just wish that when I come to the end of this particular adventure, I could turn back the pages, redo my faulty decisions, and come to a happy ending.

No comments: