Sometimes arrogance/ignorance can be so annoying to me. After watching Troy, a person said "The story of Troy should be included in Modern World (High School World History) now." The person went on and added "Where is Troy? It should be in Eastern Europe." At that point I couldn't refrain from saying they crossed an ocean to get to Troy so it can't be in Eastern Europe. It has to be in Russia or the Baltics. Although I was right, the person didn't take the correction kindly. Instead, the person was arrogant and started arguing about why Eastern Europe was indeed the correct location. Sometimes people should just admit their errors and leave it at that. Arguing about a topic you have no knowledge about makes you seem like a bigger idiot to me.
This incident made me realize that my high school education wasn't a total waste of time. I learned world geography and gained an appreciation for greek mythology through the Iliad and the Odyssey. I guess some people didn't gain the same type of knowledge from their high school studies.
No comments:
Post a Comment