Thursday, November 13, 2003

Trouble with Comcast Cable

My grandma lives in Chinatown and needs to order Comcast cable. Why? It's the only way she has access to TV and of course TVB. The only problem is that the cable always seems to go out! I'm sure other people in Chinatown have the same problem, but don't complain (like me). But I would think that if you are paying for cable, for renting their digital box, and for subscribing to a premium channel, you would receive good customer service! Nope.

It's been 4 days since the premium channel has gone out and I've been on the phone with Comcast every day. It almost feels like the CSRs are expecting my daily phone call now. Anyhow I'm irritated that they automatically cancelled my scheduled repair appointment without consulting me first. They also didn't apologize for cancelling and made another appointment for the following week. That's another 5 days without cable! For a company that monopolizes the SF cable region, they really seem to care less if they have one more unhappy customer.

No comments: