I really love a good almond croissant. Flaky, buttery and sweet. It's definitely not an everyday treat, but when you get a good one the calories are worth it!Today I was running errands back and forth from Richmond to Sunset--twice. I endured traffic jams in Park Presidio and back ups on 19th Avenue. It was an Almond Croissant day.
This one I picked up from Sheng Kee Bakery. It looked good from the outside. It had the look of a croissant and the typical sliced almonds decorating the top. However looks can deceive. Not all croissants are created equal. One bite from me made me want my money back. No buttery taste, no flakiness, and worst of all not too much almond flavor! I felt like I was eating a typical Chinese baked bread instead of what I wanted. Sheng Kee is good for bread but not for specialty items like croissants. Next time I'll return to my usual, Blissful Bites!
2 comments:
I have not had any luck finding a good-tasting crossiant in SF. I love those in Paris...and can't seem to find anything remotely close to it! :(
Oooh, that *is* heartbreaking, TJ!
Post a Comment