Friday, May 15, 2009


I headed off to the Free Neighborhood Day at the California Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park. The line wasn't too long to get in since it was a Friday morning. To get in, you need to show an ID card or a letter with your name on it. I had my Driver's license and used that. Yet when I got to the cashier, she said "Since your Driver's License is more than 6 months old, you'll need to bring a recent utility bill if you come again tomorrow". Usually I would be pretty irritated since I truly think I was profiled as the Chinese mother with a child getting a "two-for-free" deal. The people in front of me didn't get hassled by the cashiers when they showed their ID cards. Besides all the signs say, "ID card or utility bill" not both. Ok enough complaining. UGH! But since it was my birthday, I didn't want her to ruin my day with her in !

This time around we went straight to the cafe to eat some food. We had 2 vietnamese shrimp rolls and a glass of lemonade. $10! But it was my birthday so it was ok. Baby J only liked the wrapper and the rice noodles so I ended up eating most of the rolls. They were good but not the best.

We then went to the aquarium, the toddler zone and saw the penquins before we headed home. Although the aquarium is very modern, the basement feels a little claustrophobic for me. I miss the old Academy with the open space, the big dinosaur, and the long hallway style of an aquarium. Ah the good ol days!

No comments: