A sad day for America. Another 4 years of an incompetent president! How disappointing! The reasons why swing state voters voted for Bush is what's most unbelievable to me. During exit polling in the swing states, Bush voters told surveyors that their main concern wasn't economy or the war. It was for Moral reasons.
What exactly are moral reasons? What can the president do to affect an individual's moral decisions? Whether or not a couple decides to co-habitate prior to marriage shouldn't need a government stamp of approval. One's morals is decided by the individual person. Why should this be a factor in the overall governing of a country.
To me, the logical issues to base your vote upon are 1. the war in Iraq 2. the economy/jobs and 3. healthcare. Somehow this election shows the vast contrast in political ideologies as well as educational levels throughout the country. I've never been so disgusted with election results than I am today. I've voted since I turned 18 and sometimes I side with the winner and other times with the loser. Yet somehow today I am adamant our country has chosen the wrong winner.
No comments:
Post a Comment